6 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh onions, chopped
1 cup Jersey Fresh celery, chopped
1/4 cup Jersey Fresh carrots, chopped
1 head Jersey Fresh cauliflower, broken into little pieces
1 TB Jersey Fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Jersey Fresh chives for garnish, optional
20m prep time / 25m cook time
1. Cook onions, celery and carrots in chicken broth for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in cauliflower and parsley.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (break up cauliflower with spoon into smaller pieces if necessary)
4. In a separate sauce pan, melt the butter. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste.
5. Beat with wire whisk and gradually add milk. Cook stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
6. Remove sauce from heat and stir in half-and-half.
7. Stir the cream sauce into the vegetables.
8. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
This recipe appeared first on Find Jersey Fresh.