2 medium Jersey Fresh eggplants, peeled and cut each into 8 rounds
1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper
1 16-ounce jar Jersey Fresh marinara (such as Jersey Natural's Mia Cucina Marinara Sauce)
1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Jersey Fresh parsley
25m prep time / 35m cook time
1. Salt & sweat eggplant for at least 10 minutes
2. Combine ricotta, parmesan and italian seasoning in a mixing bowl; mix well and set aside
3. Rinse eggplant slices and let dry on paper towels
4. Place eggplant slices on broiler pan, brush with oil and salt & pepper, repeat on both sides
5. Broil several at a time until both sides are lightly browned and tender but firm.
6. Oil a large baking dish and coat bottom with sauce.
7. Match up like sized eggplant slices and make ""sandwiches"" by layering cheese mixture between two eggplant slices.
8. Place sandwiches in baking dish, then top with another layer of sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
9. Bake at 350° F for 25 to 30 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with parsley
This recipe appeared first on Find Jersey Fresh.